Flashtalks & Panel: The Future of Note Taking (FoNT)
12–2pm ET, Tuesday 22 June 2021
Speakers from contemporary projects engaged in reimagining the technology and practices of digital note taking describe, demonstrate, and discuss their work in a series of short flashtalks, and engage each other and attendees in conversation.
- Moderator: Dan Whaley, Founder & CEO, Hypothesis: Dan Whaley (he/him @dwhly) is the Founder and President of Hypothesis, a mission-driven organization bringing an open source, standards based annotation solution to the web as a powerful conversation layer over all knowledge. In 1994, Dan launched the online travel industry as the coder and entrepreneur who founded Internet Travel Network (ITN, later renamed GetThere). The first airline reservation made over the web was booked via a server in his living room in 1995. It was purchased in 2000 by Sabre, Inc. and today processes over $10B of travel a year.
- Ward Cunningham, Principal Software Engineer, New Relic: Ward Cunningham (@wardcunningham) has worked for and consulted to daring startups and huge corporations. He’s served as CTO, Director, Fellow, Principal Engineer and Inventor. He is best known for creating wiki. He leads an open-source project rebuilding wiki to solve more complex sharing situations addressing some of society's toughest problems. Ward founded movements in object-oriented, agile software, extreme programming and pattern languages. He lives in Portland, Oregon, and works for New Relic, Inc.
- Daniel Doyon (@deadly_onion), Readwise
- Bastien Guerry (@bzg), Org-mode
- Eduardo Ivanec (@flancian), Agora
- Oliver Sauter (@blackforestboi), WorldBrain
- Conor White Sullivan (@conaw), Roam
- Junyu Zhan, Logseq
You can also annotate the transcript of this video while watching.